Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

So folks, it's a new year! Do you feel any different? Made any resolutions?

I did not feel any different this morning...only a bit more bleary-eyed...as we got home late from a New Year's Eve party (2:00a.m.-ish) and at 6:00am, the phone rings and the very cheery voice of a beloved brother 13 time zones away gets on our digital answering machine (which can be heard on all phones on all levels of the house!) to wish us a Happy New Year. He was always my favourite brother till this year! HAHA! Just kidding-lah, Dric... thanks for being your caring self and remembering us across the miles. You are a gem! (Just remember our time difference better, OK? Hahaha!)

Anway, resolutions...what are those??? Dictionary.com defines "resolution" as -

1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.

Well.... I'm a mom with young kids at home and I also work outside the home. So... for some years now, resolutions have flown out the window for me. Though I begin the year with good intentions, generally, life must evolve as priorities evolve. I guess some of you would disagree with me and call me wishy-washy. You are entitled to your opinion of course but I have learned that one must be flexible with what life brings. To be rigid and dogmatic is to likely miss out on wonderful life lessons and blessings.

So - for this first day of the new year, I have no specific "course of action decided on". I know however, that what I'd like to see by the end of this year is a happier family (should I learn to properly juggle all the demands on my life), dozens of happier students (they wish I would be a more lenient marker at exam time :D) and a happier me (as I learn to appreciate how "fearfully and wonderfully made"I am).

Feel free to visit my blog often (sign up to follow me- haha) and we can both see if I get all the above accomplished in 2009. Oh...and to beloved friends and family 13 time zones away - I do hope I get to see you "next year"!!!

xoxoxoxo

A.

1 comment:

  1. My resolution is not to let myself get in the way of what God wants to do in my life. Surrender control basically. I hope this year will be one in which I can be a positive influence to everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete